2019 LEAD Conference Request for Proposals
The Kennedy Center's Office of Accessibility is seeking proposals for the 2019 LEAD® conference that:
- approach accessibility from a customer service and civil rights perspective;
- provide practical information addressing current trends and challenges in this field;
- actively engage participants through discussion and/or hands-on activities;
- explore accessibility for a variety of cultural arts organizations, including performing arts centers, museums, theaters, state arts agencies, parks, zoos, and arenas; and
- are designed for new, mid-career, and/or seasoned professionals
Proposals must be submitted online by January 14, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT. For more information, to request proposal materials in a different format, or to discuss your proposal, please contact the Kennedy Center's Office of Accessibility at 202-416-8727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions will be selected by and at the sole discretion of the LEAD® content committee under the supervision of the Kennedy Center. Presenters should be prepared to cover travel and hotel expenses, meal costs, and applicable conference fees. Presenters may submit more than one proposal. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
The LEAD® conference does not address professional development for artists with disabilities or arts education. For resources for artists, please visit the VSA Programs page. For information on arts in education, please visit the VSA Intersections Conference page.