2019 NSO Summer Music Institute
The Kennedy Center/National Symphony Orchestra Summer Music Institute is a 4-week summer music program at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC, for student instrumentalists.The program is designed to expose and prepare students for a 21st Century orchestral career. Each student accepted into the Program attends on scholarship, which includes the following benefits: housing and local transportation during their stay in our Nation's Capital. Round-trip transportation to and from Washington, DC is not included. Additionally, a stipend for cost of food during the institute is not provided.
- Private lessons taught by a member of the National Symphony Orchestra
- Chamber music coaching by NSO musicians
- Master classes and seminars
- Side-by-side orchestra rehearsals with the NSO
- Attendance at selected rehearsals and performances of the NSO
- Participation in the NSO Summer Music Institute Orchestra
- Performance opportunities in DC metropolitan area
- Exposure to internationally-renowned conductors, soloists, and musicians
In addition, students will enroll in enrichment courses, attend question-and-answer sessions with artists, and participate in workshops on a range of topics including musician health, citizen artistry, and education programming.
For more information about the NSO Summer Music Institute, please visit: www.kennedy-center.org/smi
IF YOU WERE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION ON THE DEADLINE DATE AND THE APPLICATION LOCKED YOU OUT, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR DETAILS TO NSOSMI@KENNEDY-CENTER.ORG . AN NSO EDUCATION STAFF MEMBER WILL CONTACT YOU ONCE YOUR INFORMATION IS RECEIVED.